Oat Pecan Praline Cookies Recipe
Chewy, slightly soft texture with a hint of caramel pecan, these attractive cookies make a nice snack for company with coffee, tea or milk. Sometimes we bakers just have to break out of the oatmeal-raisin cookie rut, and these certainly do!
Cost per serving $0.26 view details
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon maple extract (or vanilla)
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash salt
- 2 1/2 cups oats (quick or old-fashioned)
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup pecan halves (about 48 halves)
- Beat sugar and butter until light and creamy. Add eggs, molasses and extract; beat well.
- Mix in flour, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in oats and chopped pecans. Cover and chill dough at least 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Shape dough into 48 1-inch balls. Place 3 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Flatten each ball slightly by pressing a pecan half in center of each.
- Bake 9-11 minutes until deep golden brown. Immediately remove to wire racks; cool completely. Store covered. Yield: 48 cookies.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 26g|
|Recipe makes 48 servings|
|Calories from Fat 53||45%|
|Total Fat 6.13g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 2.72g||11%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 14.42g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||4%|