Nutella Chocolate Fudge Brownies Recipe
Our 12 year old daughter Amanda has been asking for brownies, she's the brownie princess of the house. She doesn't like fancy , I've tried putting cherries in them, nuts etc... but no deal. She just wants brownies.My friend Carol and I were talking about Nutella and how I had a jar of it and had yet to use it, I've never made anything with Nutella. But these brownies looked so good I couldn't wait to crack that jar open and make them! The smell of baking brownies filled the house and Amanda couldn't wait to get her hands on one. She couldn't even wait for them to cool, she had one warm out of the pan all gooey and soft. I added about a third of a cup of Nutella to the batter and a handful of milk chocolate chip. The rest of the Nutella went on top as a frosting. Pure chocolate heaven I tell ya!!
- 4 - one ounce squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoons pure vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts and/or chocolate chips, optional
- 1/2 - 1 whole jar of Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter or spray and flour a 9 X 13 inch glass or non-stick baking pan.
- Melt unsweetened chocolate and butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Do not burn. Remove from heat.
- Using a wooden spoon or spatula, add sugar and stir until well mixed.
- Add eggs, vanilla and salt and beat well with a wooden spoon.
- Fold in flour and mix just until smooth. Do not over mix. This is also the time to fold in chopped nuts & chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
- Cool for about 15 minutes, then spread desired amount of Nutella over warm brownies.
- Sprinkle with more nuts, chips sprinkles or whatever else you like!
- Cool completely before cutting into squares.
- Yields from 16-24 servings depending on size.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 81g|
|Recipe makes 16 servings|
|Calories from Fat 174||49%|
|Total Fat 20.05g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 10.2g||41%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 41.98g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||6%|