No Bake Cheesecake with Homemade Strawberry Topping Recipe
Cost per serving $0.60 view details
- 8 oz (250 g) graham crackers (about 15)
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 stick (4 oz or 110 g) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 (8 oz each or 500 g) bars cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (65 g) sifted confectioners' sugar (first sifted and then measured)
- 1 cup (250 g) Greek yogurt (full-fat)
- 2 Sachets vanilla sugar, or 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cornstarch (optional)
- 3/4 cup (200 ml or 200 g) cold heavy cream, whipped
- 13-14 oz (375 g) fresh or frozen strawberries (if using frozen, don't unthaw)
- 1/2 cup (110 g) granulated sugar
- 1-2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- For the crust, pulse the crackers in a food processor until finely ground (there should be about 2 cups). Then add 1 tablespoon sugar and melted butter, and pulse until combined. For those who don't have a food processor, place the crackers into a large freezer bag and gently crush them with a rolling pin. Press the crumbs at the bottom of a 10-inch (26 cm) springform pan, using the back of a spoon or the bottom of a flat-bottomed measuring cup, and about 1-1.5 inches (2.5-4 cm) up the sides of the pan. Set aside.
- For the filling, beat cream cheese in a large bowl with an electric mixer set on high for 3 minutes until fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar, Greek yogurt, vanilla, and cornstarch (if using), and beat until smooth. Fold in whipped heavy cream using a rubber spatula. Pour cream cheese mixture into crust and smooth top. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 8 hours until firm (or overnight).
- For the topping, place strawberries, granulated sugar, cornstarch and water in a medium saucepan, and stir until the cornstarch has dissolved. Heat topping over medium-low heat, stirring constantly for 5 minutes until heated through (this prevents the sauce from clumping and burning). Then reduce heat to lowest setting and let cook for 10-15 minutes until it thickens. Remove from heat and let cool. Store in a container with lid.
- Serving: Spread strawberry topping on top of cheesecake. Carefully lift off the sides of the pan, cut into slices and enjoy!
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 111g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 29||16%|
|Total Fat 3.29g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.9g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 35.41g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||5%|