Nescafe Glazed Custard Cake Recipe
Moist and super soft, covered with a thin layer of Nescafe glaze.
Servings: 8 person
Cost per serving $0.36 view details
- For the cake
- 3/4 cup self raising flour
- 1/3 cup custard powder
- 1/3 cup of softened butter (salted or unsalted, really - does not matter)
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs - lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup yoghurt/sour cream
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- For the glaze
- 1 tbsp nescafe
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- Melt butter and sugar in a pan over low heat.
- Stir until sugar dissolves, remove from heat and let it cool down.
- Meanwhile, combine eggs and yoghurt/sour cream in a mixing bowl.
- Pour in the butter and sugar mixture, stirring very gently.
- Sift flour and baking powder over the mixture.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir until combined and PLEASE, do not over beat.
- Spoon mixture into a greased square baking pan.
- Bake on a preheated oven at 175C for 40 mins or until a skewer
- comes out clean, when inserted in the centre of cake.
- Simmer the glazing ingredients until it becomes a thick syrup.
- Pour over the cake immediately after removing from oven.
- Let the cake cool down before cutting to any shapes your prefer.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 65g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 110||56%|
|Total Fat 12.46g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 7.12g||28%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 16.52g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|