Nasi Ulam (Steamed Rice with Asian Herbs) Recipe
It’s a fragrant rice dish with added variety and texture from fried fish and a little smear of sambal belacan for fiery oomph!!!!
Servings: 6 person
Cost per serving $0.22 view details
- 3 cups steamed white rice
- 3 sardine/mackerel fish - rub salt over, fry and flaked with all bones removed.
- 4-5 kacang botol (winged beans)
- One handful of pegaga/Indian pennywort
- 1 daun kunyit/turmeric leaf
- 1 lemongrass
- 1 bunga kantan/ginger torch bud
- One handful of Thai basil leaves
- 2-3 sprigs spring onions
- 4 shallots
- Salt (if needed)
- All shredded/sliced thinly
- Add all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Season with salt (if needed).
- Toss together and serve with a scoop of sambal belacan.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 95g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 11||3%|
|Total Fat 1.29g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.6g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 74.13g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|