Naan Bread II Recipe
Cost per serving $0.12 view details
- 1 C + 2 T unbleached AP flour
- 3/4 tsp. instant yeast
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 C warm water
- 1/4 C yogurt ( I use Greek or Kefir cheese)
- 1 T melted butter
- Melt butter and combine with water and yogurt, stir well.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Knead for 5-6 minutes by hand or use standing mixer or bread machine.
- Dough should be somewhat sticky.
- Cover and let rise an hour. It will not puff up much.
- Divide into 6-8 portions. Roll into balls. Cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- Lightly flour your work area, and roll out each ball between 1/8 to 1/4 " and stack them on a plate.
- Heat comal or skillet on high setting, wait several minutes.
- Place first naan in skillet. It will begin to get puffy in places. Turn to other side when it starts to brown. When done remove to another plate and repeat with other pieces.
- When done, cover the stack with a cloth. Do not put in plastic until completely cooled.
- Freeze leftover pieces.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 33g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 13||59%|
|Total Fat 1.49g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.93g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.53g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|