My Ricotta Pie Recipe
This is one of my family's holiday favorite. I make this pie recipe for Thanksgiving, Christmas and of course Easter. When I make it my kids can't wait till after dinner so they can have a piece. I will try to make soon the Easter Cassateddi in which are mini ricotta pies that my grandmother used to make for us grandchildren, that is one of my childhood favorite sweets for Easter. I couldn't wait when my grandmother would make them.
So here is my recipe for the Cassata (Ricotta Pie).
- 1 - 9" pie crust
- ( I use the frozen or the Pillsbury ready pie crust)
- 1 and 1/2 pounds whole ricotta
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 orange zest or 1/8 teaspoon orange extract
- (my kids don't like the zest so I use the extract)
- extra cinnamon to sprinkle on top*
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients until ricotta mixture is smooth.
- Pour ricotta mixture in pie crust, sprinkle top lightly with cinnamon and bake
- for about 1 hour or ready when knife in center comes out clean.
- When ready switch pie on bottom rack and bake for another 10 minutes so the bottom of the crust is cooked. Remove from oven and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 42g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 60||38%|
|Total Fat 6.71g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 2.47g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 22.01g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|