My Favourite Pasta Salad Recipe
Cost per serving $1.00 view details
- ½ to 1 lb package pasta (OR fusilli, macaroni, orzo, bows, spaghetti or any pasta of your choice) cooked al dente
- 1 small fennel, thinly sliced (keep greenery for decoration, finely chopped)
- 1 head of radicchio, sliced
- Handful of pitted, sliced green olives (OR black olives, sweet pickles, dill pickles)
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed (or chickpeas, black beans
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar (OR white balsamic vinegar)
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil (OR grapeseed oil, canola oil or any healthy oil of your choice)
- Salt and pepper to taste (AND fresh herbs of your choice: basil, parsley, mint, rosemary)
- 2 – 6 ozs cans tuna packed in oil, drained (OR crab, ham, shrimps, pepperoni, chicken, salmon) COOKED AND DICED
- 2 handfuls arugula (mezclun)
- OTHER SUGGESTIONS MAY INCLUDE: broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, sun-dried tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, red peppers, artichokes, hearts of palm, croutons, feta, hard cheese, carrots, hard boiled eggs, red cabbage, cucumber, spinach (whole, diced, julienned, sliced or florets).
- Cook the pasta according to package directions until it is cooked al dente. Rinse under very cold water, drain and reserve.
- Mix all other ingredients in a large bowl. Toss gently. Add white wine vinegar and olive oil or other choices. Season with salt and pepper and/or fresh herbs of your choice. Toss in the tuna or other fish or meat choice and arugula. Toss lightly. Refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes before serving.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 249g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 171||33%|
|Total Fat 19.41g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 2.78g||11%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 63.59g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.8g||23%|