Mushroom, Tomato, and White Bean Ragout Recipe
This is a delicious companion to grilled fish, steak or chicken. It is beautiful, healthy, and flavorful.
Cost per serving $1.51 view details
- 2 pounds portobello mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 leeks, white and light green sections only, finely chopped
- 1 14.5oz can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh tarragon or 1 tsp dried
- Seasoning salt to taste
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream or creme fraiche
- 1 cup cooked cannelini beans, drained and rinsed
- Dig out and discard the dark brown gills of the mushrooms, chop the rest, and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over med-high. Saute leeks for about 5 minutes till softened and lightly browned.
- Add the mushrooms and stir. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and tarragon. Simmer until the mixture is thickened and browned, about 5 minutes. Stir with a wooden spoon, breaking up the tomato pieces.
- Add seasoning salt, pepper, and vinegar. Bring to a boil. Reduce to medium heat and stir in the cream and beans. Heat for 1 minute. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Note: You can prepare ahead and reheat gently. Basil, sage or marjoram works in place of tarragon.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 312g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 89||55%|
|Total Fat 10.11g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 2.76g||11%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 15.58g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.3g||14%|