Murgh Makhani (Butter Chicken) Recipe
A blend of creamy, peppery and natural sour tang from the yogurt into the tender and juicy chicken pieces.
Servings: 4 person
Cost per serving $0.47 view details
- 400g chicken - cut into bite sizes
- 1-2 tbsp yogurt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2-3 sprigs curry leaves
- 1 tsp garam masala/all spice powder
- Salt to taste
- For the curry paste (blend/ground with water for a thick paste)
- 1 tsp kas-kas/poppy seeds
- 5 garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 tbsp pepper (or as per taste)
- 1 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Heat butter and fry curry paste over low heat till aromatic.
- Put in chicken and garam masala and stir into the paste.
- Season with salt and pour 1/2 liter of water.
- (More water for more gravy)
- Simmer till chicken is cooked.
- Add curry leaves and yogurt.
- Stir quickly and remove from heat.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 91g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 151||67%|
|Total Fat 16.96g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 6.85g||27%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 5.56g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||7%|