Mrs. Canaday's BBQ Beef Brisket Recipe
This recipe came from a family friend who got it from a butcher. I've been making this since the 1970s.
- BBQ Beef Brisket
- 4-5 lb. beef brisket
- Onion salt
- Celery salt
- Garlic salt
- Liquid smoke
- BBQ Sauce:
- 1 can tomato soup
- Broth from brisket (1/2 of empty soup can)
- ½ can of brown sugar, packed well
- ½ can of vinegar
- ¾ tsp celery seed
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- A few drops of Worcestershire sauce
- Salt both sides of brisket with onion, celery and garlic salt. Sprinkle ¼ bottle of liquid smoke over top of brisket and let marinate overnight in refrigerator, covered. Add enough water to almost cover the top of the brisket and cover, baking at 325 for approximately 3 hours or until fork tender. After the brisket has cooled, place in the refrigerator until cold. Save the beef broth from the pan. Do not try to cut the brisket when it is hot.
- Mix all ingredients for BBQ Sauce and bring to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes.
- When ready to serve, slice brisket thin and lay in a baking pan. Pour sauce over and bake 30 minutes at 350.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner