Mouth-watering Moist Red Velvet Cake Made at Home Recipe
Delicious moist and homemade red velvet cake is a perfect food to share with that special loved one. Red velvet cakes have been very popular since the 18th century. The red color portrays the color of love. Here is a simple moist red velvet cake recipe that you can make at home for your loved one.
- Items needed:
- 250 grams of all-purpose flour
- 5 grams of baking soda
- 5 grams of baking powder
- 5 grams of salt
- 15 grams of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 400 grams of sugar
- 336 ml of vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 10 ml of vanilla essence
- 15 ml of red food coloring
- 15 ml of white distilled vinegar
- 20 ml of plain hot coffee
- Cream cheese frosting makes this cake even more delicious.
- To prepare the cream cheese frosting you will need:
- 28 grams of cream cheese
- 15 ml of milk
- 50 grams of softened butter
- 220 grams of powdered sugar
- 5 ml of vanilla essence
- To prepare:
- - Preheat the oven to 325F.
- - Grease two 9-inch baking pans using a little oil and dust the insides with a little flour.
- - In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- - Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks.
- - Use an eggbeater to beat the egg whites into stiff peaks.
- - Add the red food coloring to the egg whites and beat for a minute more.
- - In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar.
- - Add the oil to the mix and beat some more to dissolve the sugar and get an emulsion.
- - Add the coffee to the mix and beat well.
- - Add the distilled vinegar and mix well.
- - Take the mixed dry ingredients and add them to the wet ingredients using a little at a time. Mix well after each addition.
- - Pour the prepared batter in the greased baking pans.
- - Bake in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes.
- - Once the cake is done (the top is springy) take it out of the oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Preparation:Cream cheese frosting
- - In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, milk and butter and beat them well.
- - Add the vanilla essence and sugar.
- - Beat on low to medium speed to get a thick and smooth mix.
- Decorating the cake:
- - You can decorate the cake by stacking one on top of the other with a layer of frosting in between.
- - Cover the cake with the rest of the frosting on all sides and chill for a few minutes before serving.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 359g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 823||49%|
|Total Fat 93.15g||116%|
|Saturated Fat 14.38g||58%|
|Trans Fat 1.99g|
|Total Carbs 205.82g||55%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||8%|