Moroccan Lamb Kabobs with Chickpea and Apricot Couscous Recipe
These are really quick to make and the chickpea and apricot salad can be whipped up whilst the kabobs are grilling.
This serves 2 so you can either make 8 kabob balls for a skewer each, or 16 smaller kabob balls for 2 skewers each!
- 250g lean lamb mince
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp coriander
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 100g couscous
- 150ml hot veggie or chicken stock
- 100g chickpeas
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 6 dried apricots, chopped
- 2 tsp dried mint
- In a bowl, mix the oil with the cloves and the spices.
- Add the lamb, celery and onion, mixing well.
- Form into 8 balls and thread onto 2 skewers. (Alternatively, form into 16 balls and thread onto 4 skewers!)
- Grill for 15 minutes, turning once.
- Meanwhile, pour the stock over the couscous in a bowl and cover for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chickpeas, apricots, spring onion and mint.
- Divide into two bowls and serve with the lamb kabobs.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 437g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 304||35%|
|Total Fat 34.21g||43%|
|Saturated Fat 10.23g||41%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 97.1g||26%|
|Dietary Fiber 20.1g||67%|