Moore Casserole Recipe
My brother loved the cafeteria casserole, he would talk about how cheesy it was and all the pasta. Since we were Greek, this was not a common type meal we shared. So I figured out how to make it for my brother at home, when I cooked dinner for the family. It is simple and very easy, yet pretty tasty. Not much work involved in preparation either..
- 1 Chopped onion
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 can 14 ounces whole kernel corn
- 1 Pkg 16 ounce frozen peas
- 1 can whole pitted black olives
- 1 package Kraft Macaroni and Cheese
- 9 Slice Velveeta cheese or American Cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Canola oil
- 1 cups of water
- In a large skillet place 3 tablespoons of oil and heat, add chopped onions and ground beef.
- Saute and allow beef to brown and onions to become soft, add can of tomato paste plus can filled with water, stir and let dissolve.
- Add corn with packing water, black olives, with packing water, and peas.
- Boil noodles from macaroni and cheese mix and cook until tender, add this to your skillet with the beef mixture, plus the cheese packet from the mix.
- Add a cup of water and simmer, add salt and pepper to taste
- Simmer for 15 minutes, then transfer to large casserole pan, and place slices of cheese on top. Serve
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 227g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 725||91%|
|Total Fat 80.55g||101%|
|Saturated Fat 14.51g||58%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.9g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||5%|