Monster Shrimp With Orange Chili Sauce Recipe
These are big shrimp, the ones that ate the other shrimp. When they opened the cage door after the death match, these are the shrimp that walked out of the ring. Don't turn your back on the grill while you're cooking these -- someone's liable to abscond with them.
- 1/2 Cup Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro Leaves
- 1 Tbsp. Asian Chili Sauce (See Tip)
- 1/4 Cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Large Whole Garlic Cloves
- 3 Each Scallions; Green Part Only, Cut Into 1-Inch Pieces
- 1 Whole Chipotle Chili In Adobo Sauce, Minced
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 2 Lbs. Extra-Large Shrimp (16 - 20)
- Put the orange juice, cilantro, chili sauce, olive oil, garlic, scallion, chipotle and salt in a blender or food processor fitted with a metal blade and blend until smooth.
- Place the shrimp in a resealable freezer bag and pour the orange juice mixture over the shrimp. Chill in a refrigerator or ice-filled cooler for 2 - 3 hours but no longer.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Grill the shrimp over medium-high heat until they are opaque in the centers, 3 - 4 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately -- though they still rock at room temperature.
- Tip #1: Asian Chili Sauce come in Hot and Sweet varieties. Choose your poison. It depends on how spicy you like it. I make mine with the Sweet variety to help balance out the heat.
- Tip #2: The sauce in this recipe is great with pork and chicken.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 41g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 80||86%|
|Total Fat 9.08g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 1.25g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3.03g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|