Molasses Crinkles Recipe
A classic molasses cookie for a lunch box, an after school snack, coffee break or a pick-me-up anytime. Cookies are always handy to eat-on-the-run.
©2007-2014 Netta Belle’s Choice® cookbookinabox® “Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk.Off.” Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office.” nettabelleschoice.com and cookbookinabox.com. All rights reserved.
- 3/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup mild molasses
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1 cup raisins
- colored sugar sprinkles
- granulated sugar
- Preheat oven 375 F.
- Prepare cookie sheets: grease or cover with parchment paper.
- In large mixing bowl, beat shortening and sugar to blend.
- Add beaten egg and molasses, beat to blend.
- Sift together the flours, wheat germ, soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the shortening molasses mixture.
- Add raisins while adding dry ingredients.
- Beat after each addition to blend the cookie dough.
- Chill if cookie dough is too sticky to handle.
- Roll in 1-inch balls; dip tops in sugar sprinkles.
- Flatten with fingers or the bottom of a glass dipped in granulated sugar.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until set but not hard.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 16g|
|Recipe makes 60 servings|
|Calories from Fat 24||35%|
|Total Fat 2.75g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.66g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.86g|
|Total Carbs 10.56g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|