Mocha Maple Coconut milk hot beverage Recipe
A lighter version in part due to eliminating the fat laden heavy cream. Evaporated milk completely succeeded in turning this hot beverage into smooth and slightly guilt-free bliss. An optional spike of liquor along with marshmallow garnish.
For a dedicated post…refer to:
- . >(American / Metric measures)
- . heaping 1 Tbsp. (5g) Dutch-processed Cocoa powder
- . 3/4 cup (175ml) water
- . 1/2 cup (125ml) Coconut cream milk
- . 1/4 cup (60ml) brewed Espresso coffee
- . 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Maple syrup
- . 2 Tbsps. (30ml) liquor * of choice (optional)
- . 2 small handfuls of mini marshmallows
- . * Note: if using a sweet liquor, make sure to adjust down the amount of Maple syrup used.
- . In a medium-small saucepan, gradually whisk together the cocoa powder and a little portion of the milk at first to make a smooth paste. Then, again pour the remaining milk as well as the water. Continue whisking to a smooth consistency. Lastly, add in the coffee.
- . Place the pot onto MEDIUM heat until a hot temperature is reached. Add in the Maple syrup as well as the optional liquor. Close heat.
- . Immediately pour the hot beverage on top of a small handful of mini marshmallows. Serve immediately.
- . >> VARIATION: Add 1 medium cinnamon stick or a few cardamom pods. Add the spice into the liquid preparation about 15 minutes before putting the pot on the heat. Continue with the instructions as mentioned above. Then, just before adding in the Maple syrup and optional liquor, remove the spice.
- . Flavourful wishes from Claudia's kitchen...Foodessa.com