mint & ginger chicken kabobs Recipe
Cost per serving $3.55 view details
- Mint and Ginger Chicken Kabobs with Spicy Raita
- reprinted with permission from Balâs Quick & Healthy Indian by Bal Arneson (Whitecap)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped mint
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) tamarind pulp
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) grapeseed oil
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) freshly grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) garam masala
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) brown sugar
- salt to taste
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1Â½-inch pieces
- 6 metal or wooden skewers
- Spicy Raita
- This dip can be made ahead of time and it will keep well in the refrigerator for three to four days.
- 1 cup (250 mL) plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) chopped mint
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped chives
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) prepared grainy mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a small serving bowl and stir until well mixed.
- Makes about 1 cup.
- In a large bowl, combine the mint, tamarind pulp, oil, ginger, garam masala, brown sugar, and salt and mix well. Stir in the chicken. Cover the bowl and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Preheat the barbecue to medium heat. (If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes before using.)
- Thread the chicken onto skewers. Grill the kabobs on the preheated barbecue for 15 to 20 minutes, turning frequently to make sure all sides are cooked through. Serve with Spicy Raita. Serves 4.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 234g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 97||36%|
|Total Fat 10.99g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 2.6g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.02g|
|Total Carbs 21.52g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.7g||9%|