Mini Chocolate Love Bites Recipe
Wow, this is rich! The perfect chocolate bite! Yum!
Cost per serving $0.16 view details
- 1/4 pound unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
- 1-11.5 ounce bag of Bittersweet or Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 5-1 ounce squares of Unsweetened Chocolate
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extra
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- For the ganache:
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1-11.5 ounce bag of Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules, optional
- Line mini muffin pans with paper liners.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Melt all the chocolate together either over a double boiler or in the microwave, stopping every 30 seconds to stir. Do not let chocolate burn. After melted, set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitter with a paddle attachment until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time.
- Mix in the melted chocolate and vanilla.
- Add the flour and salt until just combined.
- Don't overbeat as this could create a tough cake.
- Fill the mini cupcake pans to almost the top because this batter does not rise very much.
- Cook the heavy cream, chocolate, and instant coffee in the top of a double boiler over simmering water until smooth and warm, stirring occasionally.
- Dip the top of the cupcakes in the ganache while still a lttlie warm.
- Do not refrigerate.
- This recipe makes approx. 3 1/2 dozen mini cupcakes. And a dozen regular size cupckes. To bake regular size, bake for 30 minute. Rotating the pan after 15 minutes.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 23g|
|Recipe makes 42 servings|
|Calories from Fat 58||52%|
|Total Fat 6.57g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 4.1g||16%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 12.75g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|