Mezzalune Of Goat Ricotta Cheese With Green Onion Sauce Recipe
Cost per serving $0.51 view details
- 1 x recipe Green Pasta see * Note
- 8 ounce Fresh goat ricotta cheese room temperature
- 1/4 c. Freshly-grated Parmesan cheese plus
- 4 Tbsp. Freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 c. Finely-minced Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1 lrg Egg Salt to taste, plus
- 1 Tbsp. Salt for cooking pasta
- 1 pch Grnd nutmeg
- 1/4 c. Thinly-sliced green onions
- 6 ounce Sweet butter
- To make the filling: Mix softened goat cheese with 1/4 c. of the grated Parmesan cheese, minced parsley, egg, healthy pinch of salt, and a healthy pinch of grnd nutmeg till well blended with a moist, paste-like consistency.
- Bring 4 qts of water to a low boil and add in the remaining 1 Tbsp. salt.
- Roll out all of the Green Pasta dough with pasta rolling machine till the dough is about 1/16-inch thick. Using a large water glass or possibly a wine glass which is about 3 inches in diameter, cut the pasta dough into rounds. Cover the rounds with a damp dish towel. Re-roll the remaining dough into a ball and pass through the pasta machine again till the pasta sheet is 1/16-inch thick. Repeat cutting the dough into 3-inch rounds till all the dough is used.
- Fill each round with 1/2 Tbsp. of filling. Fold each round in half and healthy pinch closed, trying to remove any air pockets. Continue this till all pasta rounds are completed. Place the mezzalune in boiling water and slowly boil for 2 min, just till the pasta is tender.
- Meanwhile place 6 Tbsp. of butter in a large pan and heat till liquid. Add in scallions and saute/fry till just soft, about 1 minute. Using a slotted spoon, remove the mezzalune from the water and gently toss into the pan with the butter and scallion mix. Add in the remaining 4 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese and simmer for 30 seconds. Place on a large hot serving platter and serve immediately.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 50g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 304||99%|
|Total Fat 34.57g||43%|
|Saturated Fat 21.89g||88%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.32g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|