Mexican-Style Hot Salsa Sauce Recipe
Cost per serving $0.50 view details
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes (plain or with herbs and spices)
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 3 or 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper, diced
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded, finely chopped (use gloves)
- OR you can use 1 small store-bought can of jalapenos(reserve the juice), add the 3 tbsps of juice from the canned jalapenos
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 oz (1/4 of the bottle) Tabasco sauce
- Pour the diced tomatoes into a bowl with the juice. Add all the other ingredients, blend well. Store in a glass container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- You can use less jalapenos at a time if you prefer, adjusting to your taste).
- Serve with homemade or store-bought tortilla chips.
- NOTE: Do not use a metal bowl because of the acid in the tomatoes.
- Only 4 calories per tablespoon.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 116g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 2||6%|
|Total Fat 0.26g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.05g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 8.2g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||7%|