Mexican Spiced Pork Tenderloins with Sweet and Sour Sauce Recipe
Cost per serving $1.39 view details
- 3 pork tenderloins (375 g /12 oz each)
- sweet and sour sauce ingredients:
- 1 tbsp - 15 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper (optional) seeded and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup - 150 ml orange juice
- 1/3 cup - 75 ml lime juice
- 1/4 cup - 50 ml cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup - 50 ml fancy molasses
- 1/4 cup - 50 ml liquid honey
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Ingredients for the cumin rub
- 1/4 cup - 50 ml cumin seeds
- 2 tsp - 10 ml peppercorns
- 1 tsp - 5 ml coarse salt
- 2 tbsp - 25 ml vegetable oil
- Directions for the sweet and sour sauce: In a small saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; fry jalapeno pepper (if using) and garlic, stir-fry, until aromatic, about 1 minute. Add orange and lime juices and vinegar; bring to boil. Reduuce heat and simmer until reduced to 3/4 cup - 175 ml, about 10 minute. Remove from heat; stir in molasses, honey, salt and pepper. Make-ahead: Let cool; refrigerate in airtight container for up to 2 days. Reheat to use.
- Directions for the cumin rub: In a small skillet, toast cumin seeds over medium-low heat until aromatic and darkened, about 2 minutes. In clean coffee grinder, grind together cumin, pepper and salt until you get the texture of instanty coffee granules. Brush pork with oil; rub all with cumin misxture. Make-ahead: Place in shallow dish, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
- Place pork on greased BBQ grill over medium heat; close lid and gril for 10 minutes, turning with thongs when well grilled marked. Brush with 1/3 cup - 75 ml of the sauce; grill covered and turning often, until a mahogany brown color over medium heat but still slightly pink inside, about 5 minutes. Transfer to cutting board; tent with foil and let stand 5 minutes before slicing and serving with sauce. Makes about 8 servings.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 149g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 68||34%|
|Total Fat 7.75g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 1.16g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.11g|
|Total Carbs 14.09g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|