Mexican Hot Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
Light and airy mini cupcakes with a hint of cinnamon and a spicy kick of cayenne, cooled down with a dollop of cream cheese frosting.
Servings: 24 mini cupcakes
Cost per serving $0.40 view details
- 3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- Â¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons good cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Â¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Â½ teaspoon baking powder
- Â½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Â½ cup buttermilk, shaken
- Â¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 extra-large egg, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup freshly brewed hot coffee
- 1 8oz. package room temperature cream cheese
- Â¼ cup (1/2 stick) room temperature butter
- 1-2 cups confectionerâs sugar
- Â¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 24 mini baking cups with paper liners.
- Sift the first eight ingredients into the bowl of a stand mixer. Whisk to make sure all ingredients are combined.
- In another bowl, combine the buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until just combined. Keeping the mixer on low, add the coffee and stir to combine. Scrape bowl to make sure everything is incorporated.
- Fill muffin cups halfway and bake at 350Â° for 10-15 minutes or till cake tester comes out clean. Cakes will be soft and airy.
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Mix cream cheese and butter with hand mixer till fully combined. Add cinnamon. Slowly add confectionerâs sugar till desired sweetness is reached and frosting is smooth.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 52g|
|Recipe makes 24 servings|
|Calories from Fat 69||38%|
|Total Fat 7.82g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 3.42g||14%|
|Trans Fat 0.06g|
|Total Carbs 26.41g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|