Meatloaf fairly easy plenty cheesy Recipe
Cost per serving $1.20 view details
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 lb. ground pork
- 2 medium eggs lightly beaten
- 1 medium onion (sweet or Yellow) medium dice
- 3 clove Garlic (hard Stem) they are usually larger, sliced thin
- 1/2 large bell pepper (Yellow, red or green) or a mix. medium dice
- 1 large garden tomato. (GRATED) or 3/4 cup sauce
- 1 large carrot grated
- 1 tbsp each of fresh basil and parsley
- 3/4 cup grated cheese (I mix romano and fontinella)
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs +-
- salt, pepper, and cumin to taste
- 2 tbsp. evo. (IF using 90% lean beef)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly Saute onion, pepper, and garlic with seasonings 4 to 6 min. remove from heat, Mix with uncooked grated carrot.
- mix meats together adding eggs, 1/2 tomato liquid, sautéed veg. and cheeses. (RETAIN 2tbsp cheese)
- Mix bread crumbs (starting with 1 cup for semi firm consistancy, adding remaining tomato liquids needed during mix.
- Shape loaf to pan or oven dish you use (oval 21/2 qt allows to brown outside edges better as there is a space all around.
- place in pan and cover loosely with foil.
- Bake for 50 minutes, remove and put chess on top groove, adjust oven to 400 degrees, bake for additional 10 to 15 min.uncovered,
- check temp with probe for 160degrees, remove from oven and let rest 10 min.
- Try to make ahead and refrigerate 1 to 2 hrs. to blend seasoning..
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 242g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 312||66%|
|Total Fat 34.71g||43%|
|Saturated Fat 14.68g||59%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.19g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||5%|