Meat Lovers Chili Recipe
First Place Winner: Milan Ohio St. Anthony's Chili Cook off: First Place Winner (2012) Norwalk Ohio Chili Cook Off. This Chili is colorful, smooth yet meaty.
Prepare and set aside:
1 1/2 lb. ground beef ( cooked and drained)
4 sun-dried sausages, peeled and cut into bite size
10-15 mini meatballs, baked and drained
10-15 mini pork meatballs: ( to prepare, mix together 1 lb. ground pork, 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup, minced: green peppers,carrots,onions,
Roll into tiny balls and place on cooking sheet.
Bake until brown about 20-25 minutes.
2 non smoked hot dogs sliced
- 2 15 oz. cans red kidney beans
- 2 16 oz. cans (non smoked) pork & beans
- 3 ribs celery, minced
- 1 lg. onion ,minced
- 2 carrots, minced
- 1/2 cup peppers minced
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 can tomato juice
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 Tbl. sugar
- 2 Tbl. chili powder
- 1 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1 15 oz red kidney beans , non crushed
- In cooker, pour in chopped tomatoes, tomato juice and chili powder
- Add the ground up items.
- Over high heat, allow to boil and cook for about 15 minutes. Stir constantly.
- Lower the heat and add all the remaining items except the unground kidney beans and tomato paste.
- Simmer for about 2 hours, stirring often.
- Somewhere in the 2 hour time frame, add the non crushed kidney beans.
- Add the tomato paste also. Chili should be thick not watery.
- Add tomato paste to thicken if necessary.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 357g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 14||7%|
|Total Fat 1.55g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.32g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 38.34g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 11.6g||39%|