Meat-filled Dinner Pastries Recipe
Delicious biscuit dough pastries stuffed with a hearty blend of ground beef, vegetables, potatoes, and seasonings. Recipe makes six large entree pastries. To make appetizers, divide the dough into smaller portions in step two (makes 12 - 18 appetizers).
- 3 cups baking mix (bisquick, pioneer, etc.)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 cup green peas (cooked/frozen/canned)
- 1 cup prepared mashed potatoes (make your own or use instant)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (or 1/2 tbsp water + 1/2 tbsp soy sauce)
- To prepare the dough, combine baking mix, milk, and 1/2 tsp each garlic powder and black pepper in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Kneed dough four or five times on a well floured work surface, and divide into six tennis-ball sized portions (see note at top).
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (you can store in the refrigerator for up to 1 day before cooking).
- Brown ground beef.
- Saute carrot, celery, onion, and bell pepper in the same skillet while the beef is browning.
- Drain grease/fat.
- Add 1/4 cop water, cover, and allow to simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in remaining seasonings, mashed potatoes, and green peas and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees (Fahrenheit)
- Roll out dough on a floured work surface into circles approximately 4 inches in diameter.
- Place a heaping scoop of meat mixture on each.
- Fold in half and seal by moistening the edge of the dough with water and pinching edge.
- Place pastries on a baking sheet covered with foil (shiny side up).
- Brush tops with melted butter.
- Bake at 450 for 11 - 13 minutes or until golden brown.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 163g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 106||57%|
|Total Fat 11.84g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 5.81g||23%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 11.14g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||7%|