Marinated Trevally Recipe
Cost per serving $0.41 view details
- 2 each Trevally, approx. 500 gr each
- 40 ml white wine vinegar
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 80 ml grapeseed oil
- 5 gr salt
- Remove the fillet from the fish with the aid of a sharp knife
- Remove the skin from the fillets with a knife or carefully pull off the thin skin with fingers (will be left with the beautiful silver surface)
- Cut the fillets in half lengthwise to remove the centre bones
- Place the fillets on a non reactive tray and season lightly with salt on both sides; refrigerate for 1 hour
- Whisk together the salt & vinegar; add the oil & whisk to combine
- Place the marinade in a non reactive container with the fish fillets ensuring that they are well coated.
- Allow the fillet to marinate for a minimum of 2 hours and a maximum of 4 hours.
- Note: the longer the fillets remain in the marinade, the vinegar will "cook" the flesh - still delicious though !
- Serve sliced as a snack/tapa with pickled vegetables, capers or with a salad dressed with a little of the marinade.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 25g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 182||99%|
|Total Fat 20.61g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 2.46g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.01g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|