Maple syrup Kahlua Chocolate truffles Recipe
A lighter version in part due to eliminating the fat laden heavy cream. Evaporated milk completely succeeded in turning this confectionery into smooth and slightly guilt-free bliss.
For a dedicated post…refer to:
- . > American / Metric measures <
- . > Chocolate Ganache:
- . 1/2 cup (125ml) 2% Evaporated milk
- . 12 oz. (350g) bittersweet (65-70%) Chocolate, coarsely chopped
- . 1/4 cup (60ml) Maple syrup
- . 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Kahlua liquor (or 2 tsps. Vanilla extract)
- . pinch of sea salt
- . 1 Tbsp. (15ml) confectioners' sugar
- . COATING SUGGESTIONS: cocoa powder , icing sugar, shredded coconut, nuts, roasted and coarsely chopped...candy: sprinkles and sparkles
- . In a small saucepan and over a LOW-MEDIUM heat, warm the milk until a light surface boil is reached. Stir once and a while.
- . Close the heat to then immediately add in the chocolate and stir until melted.
- . Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the Maple syrup, liquor, salt and confectioners' sugar.
- . Pour the chocolate mix into a heat-proof bowl. After 10 minutes, place a plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the mix with a tiny side opening. Place into the refrigerator for a few hours (minimum 4 hours) or until firm.
- . Prepare a parchment lined pan as well as your choice of coating(s) within a bowl or several bowls.
- . With the aid of a mini melon ball (#60) scoop, shape small balls of Ganache and place them temporarily onto a parchment paper. Then, generously roll them into the coating(s)
- . Store them into a container and refrigerate. Remove them about 10 minutes before serving. They'll preserve their quality for up to 10 days refrigerated or up to 1 month in the freezer.
- . Flavourful wishes from Claudia's kitchen...Foodessa.com