Maple-Glazed Salmon Fillet with Oven-Roasted Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Cost per serving $0.97 view details
- 4 orange-fleshed sweet potatoes, about 2 lb (1kg) total weight, peeled and thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus salt to taste
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup (3fl oz/80 ml) pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 whole skinless salmon fillet, about 1 2/3 lb (815 g)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a bowl, toss the potatoes with the melted butter, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, and cinnamon to coat evenly. Arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Place in the oven and roast until the potatoes begin to brown on the bottom, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, stir together the maple syrup and Worcestershire sauce. Place over medium heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook until thickened and reduce by one-half, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Run your fingers over the salmon fillet to detect any errant bones; remove and discard any you find. Sprinkle the salmon fillet with salt and pepper.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Raise the oven temperature to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Carefully turn over the sweet potatoes and place the salmon fillet on top of them. Brush half of the maple syrup mixture evenly on the salmon fillet. Return the baking sheet to the oven and roast for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and baste the salmon with the remaining maple syrup mixture. Return to the oven once again and roast until the flesh is opaque at the center when cut with the tip of a knife at the thickest point, 5-10 minutes longer.
- To serve, divide the salmon into serving portions and arrange on warmed individual plates with the sweet potatoes.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 66g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 111||69%|
|Total Fat 12.4g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 5.16g||21%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.79g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|