Mango Salad With Creamy Orange Jalapeno Dressing Recipe
Cost per serving $1.60 view details
- 8 lrg ripe mangoes peeled, diced
- 2 c. diced peeled jicama
- 1 c. minced red pepper
- 1/4 c. minced cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice Lettuce leaves as needed
- 12 slc red onion - (thin) separated into rings
- 2/3 c. Crema Mexicana (Mexican Style whipping cream)
- 3/8 c. frzn orange juice concentrate
- 3/8 c. lowfat milk
- 2 Tbsp. Tabasco brand Green Pepper Sauce
- In a medium bowl, combine mango, jicama, red pepper, cilantro and lime juice. Toss gently but thoroughly. Cover and chill.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on 12 salad plates. Mound 1/2 c. mango mix in center of each plate. Drizzle 1 1/2 Tbsp. of Creamy Orange Jalapeno Dressing over each salad. Garnish with red onion rings.
- For Creamy Orange Jalapeno Dressing: In a bowl, whisk all ingredients till well blended. Cover and chill till ready to serve.
- This recipe yields 12 servings.
- Comments: Jicama is also known as Mexican potato - if not available, subsitute with water chestnuts. A mix of half lowfat sour cream and half whipping cream may be substituted for crema Mexicana in this recipe.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 422g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 5||3%|
|Total Fat 0.63g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.13g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 43.21g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.5g||18%|