Mango And Brie Quesadilla With Sour Cream And Lime Dipping Sauce Recipe
Cost per serving $1.91 view details
- 4 x 8 inch flour tortilla
- 1 x serano chili or possibly 2 jalapeno chili, chopped
- 2 x scallion, trimmed, and, diced
- 1 x ripe mango, peeled, and, sliced
- 1/2 c. lightly packed fresh cilantro, leaves, minced, stems discarded before before measuring
- 8 ounce brie cheese, sliced into 1/4-inch slices Lowfat sour cream And Lime Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 c. lowfat sour cream or possibly 1/4 c. plain lowfat yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Tortillas are available in all grocery stores but sometimes hidden in the refrigerated or possibly frzn food sections.
- The mango, if unavailable, may be replaced with a papaya o pear Rind removal for the Brie is optional-but I always remove it Heat a 10-inch nonstick saute/fry pan over medium-high heat. Place 1 tortilla in the dry pan for approximately 1 minute per side, or possibly till it just begins to brown. Remove. Repeat with the second tortilla. (If your tortilla expands like a blowfish, poke it with a fork to release the warm air.)
- After the second tortilla has browned, leave it in the pan and reduce heat to medium-low. Spread half of the mango proportionately over the tortilla, then top with half of the peppers, scallions, cilantro and Brie strips. Top with the first tortilla. Cover the pan with a lid, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for 2 min.
- Flip the quesadilla with a spatula, re-cover the pan, and continue cooking for 2 more min. (Do not worry if a bit of cheese escapes and begins to sizzle loudly.)
- Remove the quesadilla from the pan, let sit for 1 minute, then slice into 8 wedges (like a pizza). Serve immediately with the lowfat sour cream dipping sauce.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Lowfat sour cream And Lime Dipping Sauce:Blend lowfat sour cream, lime juice and salt with a fork till the mix is smooth. Transfer to a small decorative bowl or possibly teacup and chill.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 123g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 164||67%|
|Total Fat 18.65g||23%|
|Saturated Fat 11.55g||46%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.97g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|