Make your own Italian cherry wine (visciolato) Recipe
Cost per serving $3.05 view details
- 1 kg of pitted cherries
- 0.5 kg of sugar
- 1 liter of red wine
- 0.25 liters of liquor or alcohol (the alcohol sold in the pharmacy is not fit for consumption).
- In a glass jar, pitted cherries introduced in layers alternating with sugar coating, glass jar filled to the top.
- At the mouth of the jar, put a layer of plastic sealing food use (the one used for wrapping food) and close the jar with the lid. You can use Snap jars are more comfortable and safe.
- Place the glass jar in the sun on a terrace, balcony or window, you have to have at least 45 days, try to shake it every day. You will see the transformation.
- After the six weeks, proceeds to make your Visner, following the recipe below I indicate.
- For every kilo of cherries to the syrup you use, you have to mix with 1 litho of red wine and 1/4 of alcohol, leaving ferment of 5-6 months in a closed container, after this time, crushed cherries and strain it all through a fine sieve (use paper towels to no residue), and you can bottle it, your wine will be ready sweet cherries. I recommend you try it too cold.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 181g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 2||1%|
|Total Fat 0.18g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.04g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 66.33g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||6%|