Loaf Pan Lasagna Recipe
Cost per serving $1.37 view details
- For the meat sauce:
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 teaspoons jarred minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 oz. (90% lean) ground beef
- 1 cup (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- dash of salt
- dash of pepper
- - --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
- Other ingredients needed to make the lasagna:
- 1/2 cup small cured cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced parsley flaked
- 6 lasagna noodles, uncooked (see *Note)
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tablespoon Kraft Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. (Yes, I said 400 degrees.)
- In a (12-inch) skillet over medium heat, add the ground beef and onions. Cook until the ground beef is lightly browned, then drain off the grease.
- Place the cooked ground beef and onion back in the skillet, then and the garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Now add the crushed red pepper flakes, and continue cooking for at least 30 seconds.
- Now stir in the diced tomatoes (along with the juice), the tomato sauce and bring to a boil. Continue cooking for 2 minutes, then set pan aside.
- In a bowl, combine together, the cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, 3/4 cup of mozzarella cheese, and the egg.
- To assemble the lasagna, spread ½ cup of the meat sauce in the baking pan.
- Spread ⅓ of the cottage cheese mixture on top 2 of the Lasagna noodle, and lay on top of the meat sauce (side by side).
- Repeat this layering 2 more times, making sure you end up with enough meat sauce and mozzarella cheese for the top layer.
- When you lay the last noodle down, you will have no more cottage cheese mixture left.
- Place the remaining meat sauce on top of the dry noodles.
- Mix together the 1/4 cup of remaining mozzarella cheese with 2 Tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle cheese mixture on top.
- Cover pan tightly with aluminum foil that has been sprayed with a bit of non-stick olive oil cooking spray.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil, and continue baking until the cheese is lightly brown on top. (I baked mine for 10 minutes, then removed pan from the oven.)
- Let cool for 10 minutes out of the oven before slicing the Lasagna. (This made 4 to 5 servings.)
- *Note: When it came to placing the Lasagna Noodles in the baking pan, I needed to break off 1-inch of each lasagna noodle, in order for them to fit inside the pan.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 238g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 108||49%|
|Total Fat 12.09g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 6.5g||26%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 11.4g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||8%|