Lite Salami and Egg White Scramble Recipe
Eggs scrambled with ham is pretty common but have you ever tried egg whites scrambled with lite salami? I’ve loved this combo for years and hope you will too. It’s low in calories and carbs, yet packed with protein. Be sure to check out the shopping tips below, to see what kind of reduced-fat salami to buy. The skinny for each yummy serving, 145 calories, 4 grams of fat and 4 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. This is a very generous serving since each contains 4 egg whites!
- Cooking Spray
- 2 teaspoons reduced-fat butter or Smart Balance Light
- Â½ cup onions, chopped
- 12 slices (1Â½ ounces) Columbus Lite Italian Dry Salami, cut into chunks, see shopping tip
- 8 (1 cup) egg whites
- Salt and pepper, if desired
- 6 tomato slices
- Coat a nonstick pan with cooking spray. Melt 2 teaspoons reduced-fat butter or Smart Balance Light. Add chopped onions, salami and saute until onions are soft, about 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, add egg whites. Whip with a fork. Add eggs whites to pan. Scramble until eggs are cooked.
- Divide among 2 plates. Sprinkle each with a little salt and pepper, if desired. Add tomato slices to each plate and serve.
- Shopping Tips-I used Columbus Lite Italian Dry Salami. I bought it at Vonâs/Safeway in the deli section of the supermarket. There are other brands available in the luncheon meat section of the market. Another to try, Hebrew National lean beef salami. **These slices are much larger so you only need to use 4 slices. Cut into chunks. The calories and fat are the same if using 4 slices.
- **For more skinny recipes, please join me at http://www.skinnykitchen.com
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 1182g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 53||10%|
|Total Fat 5.98g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 2.51g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 17.13g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||9%|