Linguine with White Clam Sauce Recipe
White clam sauce is a fairly easy to prepare sauce, that does not really take a long time. This recipe will serve 4 persons with a pound of pasta. Of course the choice of which style pasta you use is up to you but linguine does go great with it .
Cost per serving $6.07 view details
- ¼ cup Olive oil + more to drizzle over finished dish
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 6-8 cloves of garlic finely diced
- 1-2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3 small cans chopped clams (6.5oz.) juice reserved
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 3 Tbs butter
- ¼-½ cup chopped parsley + ½ cup extra for garnish
- 1lb. Pasta
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Place the Olive oil in a large sauté pan and bring up to medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until translucent.
- Strain the clams and set aside reserving the broth. You should have 2+ cups of clam liquor if not add a little water.
- Add the pepper flakes, oregano and clam liquid to the pan bring up to a boil and cook until the liquid is reduced by ½.
- While it is reducing begin to cook your pasta. Making sure you cook the pasta in well salted water.
- When the sauce is reduced lower heat to a simmer and add the chicken broth.
- Once the pasta is done, strain.
- Now add the butter and parsley to the sauce and twirl the pan to melt and combine the butter. When fully incorporated into the dish add the calms and allow to cook for a minute or two to bring up to heat.
- Return the pasta to the pot you cooked it in and pour the sauce over the top and toss to combine and coat all the pasta with the sauce. Serve.
- I like to serve with a little extra virgin Olive oil drizzled over the pasta & Parmesan cheese and fresh ground black pepper and a little parsley on top.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 508g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 92||18%|
|Total Fat 10.56g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 5.83g||23%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 89.5g||24%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.6g||15%|