Lime Cheesecake With Fresh Raspberries And Redcurrants Recipe
Cost per recipe $5.25 view details
- 75 gm St Ivel Gold Light, (3oz)
- 175 gm Reduced-fat digestive biscuits, crushed (6oz)
- 5 ml Grnd mixed spice, (1tsp)
- 15 ml Powdered gelatine, (1tbsp)
- 225 gm Cottage cheese, sieved (8oz) Finely grated rind & juice of 2 limes
- 150 ml Reduced-fat double cream, (0.25pt)
- 115 gm Caster sugar, (4oz)
- 2 x Large eggs, size 3, separated
- 30 ml Plain fromage frais, (2tbsp)
- 115 gm Fresh raspberries, (4oz) A few sprigs of fresh redcurrants Mint leaves, to decorate
- Place the St Ivel Gold Light in a saucepan and heat gently till melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the crushed biscuits and spice and mix well. Press into the base of a 20cm (8in) loose-bottomed cake tin.
- Refrigeratein the refrigerator for 30 min.
- Sprinkle the gelatine over 45ml (3tbsp) water in a bowl and leave to soak for a few min.
- Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water and stir till the gelatine has dissolved. Set aside to cold.
- Place the sieved cottage cheese, lime rind and juice, cream, sugar and egg yolks in a blender or possibly food processor and blend till smooth and throughly mixed. Add in the cooled gelatine and blend till well mixed.
- Whisk the egg whites till stiff, then fold carefully into the lime mix. Pour over the biscuit base and level the surface.
- Refrigeratein the refrigerator for several hrs till hard and set.
- Carefully remove the cheesecake from the tin and place it on a serving plate.
- Swirl the fromage frais over the surface of the cheesecake and decorate with fresh raspberries, redcurrants and mint leaves before serving.
- Variation:Use the finely grated rind and juice of 2 lemons or possibly 1 lemon and 1 lime in place of the 2 limes.
- Omit the mixed spice from the biscuit base, if perferred.
- Use other reduced-fat biscuits such as ginger biscuits, in place of the digestive biscuits.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 596g|
|Calories from Fat 438||58%|
|Total Fat 49.6g||62%|
|Saturated Fat 25.25g||101%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 29.18g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.5g||25%|