Light Strawberry Mousse Recipe
Cost per serving $0.81 view details
- 1/2 cup 35% cream (liquid)
- 2 cups fresh strawberries (you may also use other berries if you prefer)
- 1 egg white
- 1 pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons of white sugar or 3 tablespoons of splenda or other sugar substitute
- Whip the 35% cream to form stiff peaks.
- Remove the stems from the strawberries and wash. Mash the strawberries well. Reserve 1 strawberry per guest.
- Whip the egg white with a hand mixer until it becomes stiff peaks, add the salt. Continue whipping while adding small quantities of the sugar (or splenda) a little at a time until well incorporated and shiny.
- Fold in the strawberries in the egg white and then the whipped cream gently.
- Pour the mousse into serving bowls and refrigerate 2 hours before serving. Garnish with a fresh strawberry on each serving and enjoy.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 114g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 53||41%|
|Total Fat 6.01g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 3.62g||14%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 19.18g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||5%|