Lentils With Summer Vegetables Recipe
Cost per recipe $3.32 view details
- 2 c. Lentils (any color), rinsed And liquid removed
- 1 med Onion, minced
- 2 med Carrots, minced
- 2 stalk celery, minced
- 1 med Zucchini, quartered and Sliced
- 1 x 1 1/2 tsp summer savory x Black pepper x Dry garlic [I'm out of Fresh :-( ]
- 1 x Bay leaf
- 5 c. Water (or possibly use part broth if You want)
- Put everything in a large pot, bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer about 30-40 min. Remove bay leaf. Serve over brown rice (or possibly maybe potatoes).
- Makes 4 reasonably sized servings.
- The vegetables used were the ones I happened to have on hand. Vary to suit yourself. Leeks are great in this. If I want this to be more soup-like, I add in more water and a can of tomatoes, pureed. I've also put potatoes in the pot with the rest of the veggies. The possibilities are endless...
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2037g|
|Calories from Fat 46||3%|
|Total Fat 5.22g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 0.89g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 261.71g||70%|
|Dietary Fiber 126.1g||420%|