Lemony Asparagus with Almonds Recipe
Cost per serving $1.01 view details
- Wash asparagus spears and trim off about 1/2″ of the end.
- Fill a medium sized skillet with 1″ of water. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Add asparagus spears and cover. Cook for about 4 to 5 minutes until crisp tender. I prefer thin asparagus but if you use thicker, increase the cook time to about 7 to 8 minutes.
- Drain asparagus and set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium sized skillet and add slivered almonds. Cook and stir for about 3 minutes or until almonds are lightly browned. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice
- Place asparagus in a serving dish and pour almond and lemon juice over. Serve warm.
- Serves 4 to 6
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 40g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 42||81%|
|Total Fat 4.8g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 2.51g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 2.21g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|