Lemongrass Lamb Kebab Recipe
Lemongrass, to impart the flavorful notes and to mould the flavored minced lamb, after which grilled over a portable grill and paired with a simple cucumber yoghurt salad.
Servings: 2 person
Cost per serving $3.29 view details
- 400g minced lamb
- 6 sticks of lemongrass (lightly crush the white thick end)
- 1 tsp plain chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala (or all spice powder)
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp fennel powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp onion/shallot paste
- Salt for taste
- Mix lamb with all the spices and salt.
- Knead lightly till the mixture comes together.
- Divide into 6 portions.
- Roll each into a sausage shape.
- Flatten the mixture on the palm of your hand.
- Lay a lemongrass down to the centre, towards the lightly crushed white end.
- Bring the mixture together and mould tightly to enclose it.
- Gently roll to even it out.
- Heat portable grill (non-stick will be good) and pour a little oil over.
- Grill on both sides to thoroughly cook the meat.
- Serve immediately with salad.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 158g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 261||68%|
|Total Fat 29.0g||36%|
|Saturated Fat 12.36g||49%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 2.41g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||4%|