Lemon Cotswold Recipe
Cost per serving $0.56 view details
- 3 oz butter
- 1 lemon jelly or 1 packet lemon jello
- 2 lemons
- 1/2 lb caster sugar (refined granulated sugar)
- 6 oz digestive biscuits (any crumbly cookies)
- 6 fl oz water
- 6 oz Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1/2 large can evaporated milk
- Melt the butter while crushing the biscuits (I put 3 at a time on greaseproof paper and roll a rolling pin over them), Mix together and line a loose-bottomed cake tin using the mixture, lining well up the sides.
- Dissolve the jelly in the 6 fl oz of hot water and squeeze the lemons. Cream together the cheese and the sugar until they are light and beat in the jelly and lemon juice. Whisk the chilled evaporated milk as stiff as possible. (Keep can in the fridge for a few hours beforehand). Fold into the cheese mixture.
- Fill the cake tin with the cheese mixture and put to chill in the refrigerator for 4 hours to set.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 67g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 124||85%|
|Total Fat 14.14g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 8.5g||34%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3.12g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|