Layered Pumpkin Pudding Pie (easily converts to a lighter version) Recipe
A change-of-pace pumpkin pie recipe for the holidays with the bonus - it can be made a day ahead of the feast. This recipe is easy to adapt to a reduced calorie version, which will be appreciated by those who want or need a lighter dessert. Here are some suggested substitutions: non-fat or lowfat dairy products; sugar-free pudding mix; reduced calorie graham cracker crust; sugar substitute sweetener. Making these changes results in one slice of pie (1/8 pie) providing 149 calories; 18 grams carbohydrate; 7.4 grams fat; 3 grams protein. Pretty decent reductions for a creamy pudding pie!
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 3/4 cups fresh whipped cream topping, divided (or substitute 4 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided)
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding (4 serving size)
- 1/2 of a 15-ounce can of pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Additional whipped cream for garnish (optional)
- Place 1/2 cup milk in a medium-size bowl and chill it in refrigerator; place graham cracker pie crust also in fridge to be chilling while making cheese layer of pie.
- In small bowl beat softened cream cheese until smooth. Beat in 1 tablespoon milk and powdered sugar. Fold in 7/8 cup whipped cream topping. Spread on chilled graham cracker crust and return to fridge while mixing the pudding layer.
- Remove medium bowl with 1/2 cup milk from fridge; sprinkle instant pudding mix on top and beat with wire whisk or mixer on low speed for 1-2 minutes. Mixture will be very thick.
- Fold in pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and the remaining 7/8 cup whipped cream. Spread on top of cream cheese layer.
- Chill for at least one hour, or overnight.
- Garnish with additional whipped topping (optional.)
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 74g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 104||44%|
|Total Fat 11.66g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 4.7g||19%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 31.06g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|