Layered Lemon Tomato Aspic Recipe
Layered Lemon Tomato Aspic is a chilled jellied salad with a punch of sweet and tart flavors.
Cost per serving $1.12 view details
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (3 oz) package lemon jello
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 (16 oz) carton 4% milkfat small curd cottage cheese
- ½ cup celery, finely chopped
- ½ cup green pepper, finely chopped
- ½ cup green onions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon horseradish
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash of Tabasco
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan over medium low heat, add the tomato sauce. When heated through (about 3 minutes), add the package of lemon jello mix and stir until dissolved. Remove from heat and add in the cold water and vinegar. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together the cottage cheese and the rest of the ingredients; cover and chill.
- In a 8x8” glass dish, begin the layering process. Pour in half of the jello mixture and chill in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Next, spread the cottage cheese mixture over the top and chill for one hour.
- Finally, spoon on the remainder of the jello mixture and chill for another hour or until set.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 154g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 32||27%|
|Total Fat 3.6g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 0.79g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 13.96g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|