Laksa Soup Recipe
This wonderfully spicy and comforting soup comes from Malaysia. I saw it in a Health Food Magazine. The recipe can be made with chicken only. This soup is very similar to Vietnamese Pho soup which is one of my favourite soups.
Cost per serving $1.81 view details
- 4 cups ( 1 L) homemade or low-sodium chicken or vegetable stock,
- 2 tsp (10 ml) olive oil
- 3/4 lb (350 g) chiken breast fillets, trimmed and cut into thin strips
- 1 1/2 oz (40 g) Thai red curry paste
- 1 cup (250 ml) coconut milk
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded (optional)
- 1/2 (225 g) brown rice vermicelli noodles
- 12 shrimps (size 21/25), cooked and peeled
- 2 green onions, finely sliced on the diagonal
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) firmly packed fresh coriander, mint leaves or a combination of the two
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Sambal chili paste to taste (optionalo)
- Pour stock in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Heat oil in an other large saucepan; brown chicken in batches and reserve. Add curry paste to saucepan and cook for 1 minute over medium-high heat, stirring continously until fragrant. Add the hot stock, coconut milk and kaffir lime leaves (if using). Bring to a boil, then immediately reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Bring large pot of water to a boil. Crush noodles slightly with fingers and add to the pot of water; stir to prevent noodles from sticking. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until noodles are cooked. Drain well. Divide noodles, shrimp and chicken among 4 bowls and pour hot soup over. Add garnishes and serve immediately. Serves 4.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 301g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 353||66%|
|Total Fat 40.15g||50%|
|Saturated Fat 18.66g||75%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 8.8g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||8%|