Korean-Style Country Fried Steak w Sauteed Kimchi Recipe
Cost per serving $1.20 view details
- 4 pieces of pork cutlet or tenderloin
- 2 cups of kimchi, chopped
- ½ cup kimchi liquid
- 2 garlic cloves, finely mincded
- 1 cup flour
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1, 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp flour (for gravy)
- 1 tsp salt and pepper (for gravy)
- dash of salt and pepper (pork rub)
- canola oil (use peanut or sunflower oil if available)
- If using a large cut of meat, cut into manageable size and thin out with a meat tenderizer or back end of a knife. Remove any large fatty pieces and connective tissues.
- On the front and back of pork pieces, rub on some salt and pepper with other seasonings if available. Curry, cayenne, and garlic powder will work too.
- Working one piece of meat at a time, coat in the flour mixture, beaten egg mixture, and again flour.
- Add enough oil to cover half the meat in a pan or skillet at medium heat. Drop in a few sprinkles of flour to make sure it's hot enough. Cook meat until edges turn golden brown, no more than 5, 6 minutes per each side. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate and keep warm. Repeat until all meat is cooked.
- After all meat is fried, sprinkle some flour evenly over the grease and keep at low heat. Using a whisk, mix flour with grease creating a brown paste-like consistency. Keep cooking until it reaches a deep golden brown color. Next whisk in the milk and cook to thicken until it becomes thick gravy. Be prepared to add more milk if it becomes overly thick. Be sure to taste to make sure gravy is sufficiently seasoned with salt and pepper.
- In another pan, saute chopped kimchi with liquid, sugar, sesame oil, and minced garlic until soft and tender, 10 minutes.
- Combine your pork steaks with gravy, kimchi, and rice. Enjoy!
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 291g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 112||30%|
|Total Fat 12.56g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 3.93g||16%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 38.71g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.0g||7%|