Kentucky Derby Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe
My girls love parties so we threw together a very quick Kentucky Derby party complete with hats and Chocolate Pecan Pie.
Cost per serving $1.58 view details
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Fit piecrust into a 9" deep-dish pie plate.
- Combine corn syrup, sugar, brown sugar and water in large saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes.
- Whisk together eggs, butter, cornmeal, vanilla and salt.
- Gradually add in 1/4 of the corn syrup mixutre.
- Whisk in remaining corn syrup mixture.
- Place pecans and chocolate chips on pie crust.
- Pour filling over pecans and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Let cool before slicing.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 170g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 260||41%|
|Total Fat 29.62g||37%|
|Saturated Fat 11.71g||47%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 88.3g||24%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.3g||8%|