Keema Matar Recipe (Mutton Mince with Peas) Recipe
Keema Matar Recipe is the spicy, bold mutton mince curry embellished with fresh green peas. Keema Matar is undoubtedly one of our favorite mutton curries from the days when I could not even spell the word keema. The morsel of soft and pillowy Mughlai breads dipped in piquant curry burst with flavors in the mouth. There is a kind of unsolicited comfort in each bite of Keema Matar.
- 1 kilogram mutton mince
- 4 medium size onion, fine chopped
- 2 green chili, fine chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 large size tomato, fine chopped
- 1 Cup green peas
- Salt to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- To prepare the Keema Matar, clean, rinse and pat dry the mutton mince.
- In a pressure cooker heat oil over medium heat. Add bay leaf and once aroma of bay leaf is released add the chopped onion and green chili.
- Fry over medium heat till onion turn dark brown in color.
- Add ginger garlic paste along with a tablespoon or two of water. Fry till the raw aroma of paste is gone and the paste turns brown in color.
- Now add mutton mince in the pressure cooker and fry for 10 - 15 minutes over medium heat. The color of mince will start changing to pale brown.
- Add salt, turmeric, red chili powder, stir to combine and fry for next few seconds.
- Add 4 Cups of water or just enough to cook the mutton mince. Cook over medium heat for 2 - 3 whistles. Let the steam release naturally from the pressure cooker.
- Open the lid and add chopped tomato along with garam masala. Stir to combine.
- Transfer Keema Matar to a heavy bottom saucepan or casserole. Simmer, covered with the lid over low-medium heat, stirring occasionally in between.
- When mutton mince is about to cook add fresh peas and stir to combine. After adding peas let Keema simmer for few more minutes. Taste for doneness. Turn off the heat
- Garnish Keema Matar with chopped coriander leaves. Serve Keema Matar warm with Naan
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 315g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 1548||97%|
|Total Fat 171.78g||215%|
|Saturated Fat 79.29g||317%|
|Trans Fat 0.12g|
|Total Carbs 12.24g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||10%|