Jerk Chicken Wings With Creamy Dipping Sauce Recipe
Chicken Drumettes are the meaty sections of chicken wings, separated from the wing tips and shaped into tiny drumsticks. You may need to order them in advance, or buy about 3 1/2 pounds of chicken wings; cut off and discard the spiny wing-tip sections. Most of the time I like these wings without the dip.
- Chicken Wings:
- 2 Tbsp. Dried Thyme
- 1 Tbsp. Packed Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic, Minced
- 3 Tsp. Ground Allspice
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Hot Pepper Sauce (See Tip)
- 3 Lbs. Chicken Wings, Halved & Tips Removed
- Dipping Sauce:
- 1/2 Cup Scallions, Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Dairy Non-Fat Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup Fat Free Hellmann's Mayonnaise
- In large non-reactive bowl, combine thyme, brown sugar, garlic, allspice, salt, vinegar and hot pepper sauce; mix well. Add chicken wings; toss to coat evenly. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour to marinate.
- Heat oven to 425°F. Line two 15x10x1-Inch baking pans with foil; spray with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken wings in sprayed foil-lined pans. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Bake at 425°F for 45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. This is great grilled over medium heat charcoal, grill until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine all dipping sauce ingredients; blend well. Serve sauce with chicken wings.
- Tip: I use Cholula Hot Sauce Lime for the grilled wings and Cholula Hot Sauce Chipotle for baked wings. I love Cholula Hot Sauce, it's the best that I have found. It's not sour like the rest of them. See attached website for flavors and store locations.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 92g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 174||75%|
|Total Fat 19.52g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 4.95g||20%|
|Trans Fat 0.12g|
|Total Carbs 2.6g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|