Japanese Pickle Roll (Hand Roll, Temaki Sushi) Recipe
Cost per serving $0.00 view details
- 4 c. Sushi Rice see * Note
- 4 x Takuan, Japanese pickles cut thin strips
- 2 sht Nori seaweed Soy sauce for dipping
- 1 tsp Rice vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. Water
- Just before rolling sushi, toast the nori by passing the shiny side over a high flame. The color of the nori will change from brownish-black to dark-green. (Without toasting, the nori will be gummy and hard to chew.) Cut toasted nori sheets in half crosswise.
- Lay a 1/2 sheet of the nori, shiny-side down on a counter. Combine the rice vinegar and water, and moisten your hands with this hand vinegar to keep the rice from sticking to your hands as you work. Spread about 1 c. of the Sushi Rice on 3/4 of the nori closest to you, in a layer about 1/4-inch thick, spreading it to the edges. Lay 1/4 of the pickle slices across the center of the nori. Roll gently, using the fingers and palms of both hands. Eat immediately, without cutting, and serve the soy sauce as a dipping sauce.
- This recipe yields 4 rolls or possibly 4 servings.
- Cones: As a variation, roll the nori, rice and ingredients into a cone shape and serve with dipping sauce.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 12g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.01g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|