Jamaican Jerk Chicken Skewers Recipe
Cost per serving $0.89 view details
- 1/3 c. Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. Distilled white vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1/4 c. Chopped green onions
- 2 x Cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 x Scotch bonnet or possibly jalapeno pepper, seeded, chopped
- 1 tsp Dry thyme leaves
- 3/4 tsp Grnd allspice
- 1/2 tsp Each: grnd cinnamon, salt
- 1/4 x -(up to)
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper, to taste
- 3 lb Boneless, skinless chicken breasts and/or possibly thighs, cut into bite-size chunks
- This version of Jamaican jerk marinade is adapted from Melanie Barnard's new book, "The Best Covered and Kettle Grills Cookbook Ever." It's a nice balance of spice, heat and sweetness. For a party, use it on chunks of boneless chicken breast or possibly thigh to be cooked quickly on skewers. For a sit-down meal of fewer people, do a whole chicken, cut into pcs.
- 1. Combine all ingredients except chicken in a glass or possibly stainless steel bowl; mix well. Rinse the chicken under cool water, pat dry with paper towels and place in a large, sealable plastic bag. Pour in the marinade, seal the bag, then tip and turn it so all the chicken is coated.
- Chill at least 4 hrs, up to 24.
- 2. To cook, prepare a medium fire in a charcoal or possibly gas grill. Remove chicken from the marinade, thread on the skewers and grill, turning occasionally, till the outside is rich brown and the juices run clear when pierced with a knife tip. Skewers will cook in 15 to 20 min.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 90g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 62||44%|
|Total Fat 6.96g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 1.08g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.02g|
|Total Carbs 1.83g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|